Monday, July 4, 2011

Wearable Art

Just recently discovered this Band and Fashion Brand of wearable Art: The Rodnik Band


Some of my favorites from the "Venus In Sequin" Collection made by sequin and embroidery:




Urinal Dress inspired by Duchamp 



Sunflower Dress after Vincent Van Gogh, signed Colbert



Brush Strokes after Roy Lichtenstein



Cigarette dress inspired by Tom Wesselmann, signed Colbert




Cambell Soup can Dress inspired by Andy Warhol




The Nude Dress after Tom Wesselmann





Yellow Urinal Slip Dress inspired by Duchamp




Set inspired by Piet Mondrian








From the website, a little bit more about the brand/band:



Designer name: Philip Colbert

Origin: Scotland

Background: Philip studied philosophy at St. Andrews University. His adventure in fashion began by setting up the Rodnik label selling Russian scarves. The name Rodnik came from a shop founded in 1904 in Moscow. 

Design signatures: Clothing with a strong sense of fun. 

In the designer's own words: "I feel that fashion' greatest value is in fantasy and escapism.
I present my label as an Ironic pop band, I write songs based on each collection and perform at the show.
I like the idea that Mondrian was to YSL what Duchamp is to me." 



No comments:

Post a Comment